How Can I Get a Credit Report? You can get a free credit report every year from TransUnion for free. Below are step by step instructions on how you can get a credit report.
1. Go to www.annualcreditreport.com (1), Choose Your State (2), and click on Request Report (3).
2. Fill in your personal information (1), enter the characters (2), and click Continue (3).
3. Choose TransUnion (1) and click Next (2)
4. Click Next (1) to leave the Annual Credit Report site and enter TransUnion’s site to get your Credit Report
5. Verify your information (1) and click Continue (2).
6. Wait for the TransUnion system to retrieve your personal information.
7. Now, comes the tricky part (sometimes). You will need to answer “Out of Wallet” questions. These questions are designed to protect your information and come from your credit report. If you don’t answer these questions correctly, your credit report will be mailed to you and you will not be able to view it online – so don’t guess. Answer your questions (1) and then click Continue (2).
8. You will now be taken to your credit report. Make sure that you print your report (1) and review all of the information in your credit report.
9. I will send you a reminder every year to check your TransUnion credit report when you sign up for my newsletter.
- I Used My Credit Card at Neiman Marcus - Free Equifax Credit Report
- 2013 Identity Theft and Fraud Statistics
- Will Checking My Credit Report Lower My Credit Score
- Requesting Your Experian Credit Report Video
- Identity Theft Protection For Kids
- How Can I Get a Credit Report - A Step-by-Step Guide to Requesting Your Equifax Credit Report
- How Can I Get a Credit Report? - A Step-by-Step Guide to Requesting Your Experian Credit Report