Ways To Save – RazorsBy
I am always on the lookout for new ways to save money. Today, I’m going to give you some tips on how to save money on razors.
About a year ago, I was watching television when a commercial came on for Gillette Fusion Proglide. The commercial mentioned that you could use the razors for a week. I was currently using the Gillette Mach 3 Razor and using each of the cartridges for a week. Since this was supposed to be better razor, I gave it a try as a way to save money.
Ways to Save Money – In Action
I purchased the Gillette Fusion Proglide and tested to see how long I could use the razor. I was able to use razor for a full month and it
was still sharp. Here are some tips to help you stretch the life of your razors.
- Change your blade on the first of each month.
- You can use your cartridge for up to two months. Take a permanent marker and write the letter of the month on each blade (side of the cartridge) to indicate when you should switch to that blade.
- Order a six pack of blades from Amazon for a full year’s supply. You can even set the order up on auto ship.
- Don’t skip a day shaving. When I skip a day shaving, I really notice that the blade is not razor sharp. I don’t notice the
sharpness of the blades when I shave everyday.
How Much Money I Saved
When I used the Gillette Mach 3 Razor I replaced the blades every Monday. A 1o-count package cost about 30 dollars. I was spending just north of $150 a year on razor blades. Switching to the Gillette Fusion Proglide, a six pack of blades cost just under $25 on Amazon. This delivered a savings of $125 a year.
Got a way to save money on the little things? Let me know about it and you’ll get credit in my article that highlights your idea.
- Types of Goals - Budget Life
- 10 Ways To Get Back On Track With Budget Discipline
- 5 Gifts For Yourself That Will Save You Money Too
- 5 Family Gifts That Save Money
- 5 Ways to Save Money on Groceries During Food Drives
- Tithing - 7 Ways To Reach A 10% Tithe
- What Does My Pay Stub Mean - Pay Stub Details Part 2 of 2 – Budget Life!
- 6 Ways Your Kid Can Build An Emergency Fund
- What Does My Pay Stub Mean - Pay Stub Details Part 1 of 2 – Budget Life!
- 5 Ways To Save Money On Home Improvement Projects